Finally for the first time I was able to attend a Campus Party event and it was in their first edition here in Germany. The conference took place in the defunct Tempelhof airport which was an incredible location for the event. The keynotes speakers included Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Yossi Vardi, Don Tapscott and Paulo Coelho.
I was surprised to see a lot of free software and open Internet related talks, some of them included:
- Why Free Software needs Network Neutrality by Hugo Roy.
- Defending the Free and Uncensored Internet by @RaineyReitman.
- Free your Android: Reclaim your phone by Torsten Grote @t_grote.
- Uncensorable, Untraceable Search Engines for Freedom of Information by Michael Christen.
Other interesting talks which I enjoyed were:
- Accessible HTML5: Tips & Tools by Mike West @mikewest from Google.
- Mobile Web Testing & Debugging Best Practices by Andre Jay Meissner @klick_ass from Adobe.
- Firefox OS and You – Freeing the Desktop was Just the Start by Christian Heilmann @codepo8 from Mozilla.
Faster than Agile – Hack Culture and the Future of Software by Philip Su @philipsu from Facebook.
Well the place was packed with friendly people, it was great to at least once visit one of the Campus Party events. If you want to check the full online videos of the conference, you might want to check out their YouTube channel.